- Any original request for the use of the building shall be made to the Library Director, who may grant the request providing the Library has no previously scheduled programming for the space.
- The Library Director shall designate a representative to coordinate the opening and closing of the Library for each meeting.
- No admission is to be charged for events held at the Library.
- Groups may not use the Library’s address as the official address or headquarters of the organization.
- Groups may not exceed the stated capacity for the room (80 people).
- All groups are responsible for their own set-up and clean-up. Facilities must be left clean and in orderly condition. All meetings must be terminated by 10:00 PM and the building must be vacated by 10:30 PM.
- Unless modified by the Board of Trustees, a donation of fifty dollars ($50.00) per use will be requested, whenever an outside group uses the library facilities after library hours, or when the group meeting is not open to the public, to cover the cost of staff services, electricity, heat, air conditioning, etc. Failure of the requestor to utilize the Library facilities reserved during time periods when the Library is normally closed will result in the donation being non-refundable.
- Any organization holding meetings in the Library shall assume responsibility for damage to the room or its contents that occurs during the organization’s meeting time.
- Cross’ Mills Public Library, Library Trustees, Staff Members, Volunteers, etc. cannot be held responsible for any theft of or accident to displays or objects stored in the Library.
- While the Library maintains walkways and exits during open hours, the Library is not responsible for snow removal or de-icing during closed hours.
- The Cross’ Mills Public Library reserves the right to cancel any meetings due to unsafe building conditions caused by inclement weather or any other unforeseen circumstance.
- The Library Director reserves the right to cancel/reschedule meetings based on Library needs. Use of library facilities may also be suspended, modified or revoked by the Board of Trustees at any time.
- Before being granted a limited access key, the group must provide the name and phone number of a contact person who will act as a liaison to the Library, sign the necessary room use forms, and who will be responsible for maintaining the group’s compliance with Library policy.
- All children under the age of 16 must be supervised. The parking lot shall not be used as a play area.
- Smoking is prohibited on Library property.
- This policy agreement will be reviewed for renewal annually.
Board approved: April 19, 2005
Board amended: May 24, 2005
Board amended: August 17, 2007
Board amended: April 21, 2009
Board amended: April 6, 2017
- Mission Statement and Service Policy
- Statement on Confidentiality and Privacy
- Library Patron Code of Conduct
- Circulation Policy
- Displays and Exhibits Policy
- Computer, Internet, and Wireless Use Policy
- Fundraising and Donations Policy
- Materials Selection Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Unattended Children Policy
- Anonymous Letters Addressed to the Board of Trustees
- Photography, Filming, and Video Policy