The Cross’ Mills Public Library is now open to the public. We are offering browsing, checkout, and computer use in the building following these guidelines – we ask for your cooperation so that we can open our doors while also observing recommended precautions to minimize the spread of COVID-19:
- Masks MUST be worn in the library at all times as per the Governor’s Executive Order. If a patron is unable to wear a mask due to a medical condition, we will gladly provide curbside service.
- Patrons should maintain six feet of distance between themselves and other patrons.
- Our maximum capacity for the building will be 15 people. You may be asked to wait outside if you arrive and the building is at maximum capacity.
- Patrons may browse the shelves, but will be asked to keep their visits to 20 minutes or less. If you’d like to linger and read in a quiet spot, we recommend one of our garden benches or picnic tables. Wifi is available on the grounds.
- A limited number of computers will be available with printer access.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the entrance to the building; high touch surfaces will be wiped down regularly.
- ***Returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours prior to being handled and checked in. They will be back-dated at check in, but you may see items on your library account for up to three days after you’ve returned them.***
Curbside pickup is still available – please call to arrange an appointment.
Also new at the library:
- Delivery is expanding! We will be receiving requested items from other RI public libraries five days a week. However, we will still be quarantining delivery for 72 hours, so requests will be slower to arrive than pre-pandemic.
- Library cardholders may place up to 20 requests on their cards. Requests had been limited due to the lack of delivery, but will now be gradually raised to normal limits as delivery is expanded.